Some days I wonder about MySQL. Today I tried to get MySQL Workbench to reverse engineer a database and it appears that now that feature is a pay for option – bummer. I funnily enough went and found the original open source project which allowed me to do what I wanted. Moodles full database fills up the page to overflowing proportions, so whilst it comes very close it isn’t quite what I need.
Beyond this I also tried importing rather large database. Most went well however some lines triggered MySQL’s max packet limit. Since the database is going to a shared host where we can’t change this setting so I increased it locally, removed the offending row, exported and reran the import. I left the import run after 5 so I’m not sure if it succeeded, but I’ll see tomorrow.No comments
Leave a comment