Archive for the 'eprints' Category

Month in review: January

January for me was an interesting and varied month. Here is a quick look back at what I got up to in the month.
Read more

No comments

Adding a new dataset to ePrints 3.2

December 04th, 2010 | Category: eprints

For the last week or so I have been digging around ePrints 3.2 and been trying to work out how to add a dataset. I’d done this previously with the author ID project however ePrints 3.2 advertises that is has user defined datasets. It has to be said that adding a new dataset is easier said than documented – not to mention done. But I figured I’d document how I managed to get it to work.
Read more

1 comment

How-To: Setting up depositor reassignment in ePrints

September 24th, 2009 | Category: eprints,today

ePrints is one of those projects that I seem to spend a lot of time doing minor tweaks to and changes to help the Library do their job effectively. This shifts from major projects like Author ID to mundane tasks like refreshing their templates and style to match the marketing departments wishes. One of the things I’ve done recently is setting up ePrints to be able to reassign the depositor field.
Read more

1 comment

ePrints Author ID

August 28th, 2009 | Category: eprints,opensource,programming,university,web

One of the things I’ve been working on over the last month is the ability to create distinct and unique author identifiers for ePrints. ePrint’s is a really awesome Perl based repository that the University uses to handle its research papers but whilst it is great at handling ePrints, documents, users and a whole host of other things it really falls over when you try to treat authors as individuals.

Read more